Tuesday, November 13, 2007

# 22 Audiobooks

NetLibrary looks really useful providing high quality e Audiobooks for libraries. It's a must I would say, for public libraries with no fines and no overdues. I have downloaded a number of audio books from itunes at home, for which I paid dearly for the priviledge. In fact, I listened to Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan just recently, to check the functionality, quality and desirability of a book in this format. It was Ian McEwan reading the story himself and well worth the experiment. EBooks also appeal to me, although I have yet to access one from an ipod. I have listened to parts of books from the computer terminal but I can't sit still long enough to gain any great benefit using this method. These are all services I feel the library must supply in the near future.

No comments: